CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

MY SEXY NAME

Saturday, June 7, 2008

When Trust Gets In the Way

Anyone who has ever been in a situation like mine knows that when you are totally dependent on others, sometimes trust has to fly out the window. Before the accident I was a normal young woman, but didn't trust people easily or a lot of people. Since the accident, it seems that the lack of trust has been magnified and is beginning to be an issue when it comes to my improvements. I've grown so accustomed to how my family deals with me and takes care of me, that I shudder at the thought of asking a stranger and God forbid a family member encourage a stranger to assist. No, I'm not rambling, I said that to make this point.

My ex has been trying to assist me in various areas for a couple of weeks now. This is the same ex that I did not lay eyes on once last year. The same ex that told me, not in words, but actions, that my disability was to0 much to handle. The same ex that would call me when he wanted some information. Now all of a sudden he has shown a renewed interest in my life. He is trying to get supplies for me, get me in therapy, visiting me, and doing other things.

I'm not trying to be selfish or anything, but like I told him, I don't trust him. I would hate to miss out on something great because of my feelings toward him, but I just feel that he has a motive for his interest in my well-being. If this assistance had been consistent or even his actions toward me consistent, I wouldn't need to examine his reasons for wanting to help, but since that isn't the case, oh well.

0 comments: