CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

MY SEXY NAME

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just A Lil More Independence

I am almost always wishing for just a lil more independence. Being very independent to now being totally dependent can change one's perspective and may even cause you to lose your mind. Arrgh!!! I think of my dependence a lot, but it REALLY bothers me when I ask someone to do assist me and they say no or ignore me altogether. This was the case yesterday with my sister.

This is how the story goes:
My neck was cramping, tight, whatever you wanna call it, so I was trying to be independent in relieving and stretching it. I started to move my pillow from under my head, I was having a difficult time. She walks in and says, "if you take it from under there, I'm not putting it back." I explain that my neck is hurting. This doesn't faze her. I put the pillow back and she sees that I am now upset with her. She tries to amend her actions and console, but it's too late. I don't wanna hear anything she has to say.

You know, I don't understand why people can't understand how words and comments they make affect others emotions. She knows personally that I can't do a lot on my own, so why not let me do what I am able to. After she saw that I was clearly upset, she says, "I was playing." Don't play with me, you don't want me playing with you about money when you're broke.

I just wish I was able to do more for myself...just a lil bit more independence.

0 comments: